Sunday, April 8, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday, Apr 8



Another tidbit from my western historical WIP, Nobody's Bride. I've been working on this love scene between William and Maddy all week, so I might as well include an excerpt from it. Not much setup needed here:


“I’m not a virgin, you know,” she blurted, and then instantly wished she could call the words back.
"I didn’t think you were,” he said, the flatness of his tone wounding her.
“Still, I haven’t done it very many times,” she said, feeling an unaccountable need to explain. After a moment, his hands resumed stroking her thighs, drifting from knee to apex and back again.
“I didn’t think you had,” he said, and the simple sentence soothed the hurt he’d caused, just like that.
She let her eyes drift shut and leaned back, savoring the solidity of his chest, deciding to let him do things his way. . . for a while, anyway. 


For more Six Sunday fun, go here
For other excerpts from Nobody's Bride, see here, here and here.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun peek into their interactions and giving a little insight into their personalities. She's a trifle nervous/anxious and he's pretty confident

Joanne Stewart said...

hehe. I love it. I agree with Angela--it's a fun peek into their characters. I love his whole attitude, so relaxed and confident. Bet it's driving her crazy. Great six.

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

I already have a sneak peek into the characters personalities. Well done!!

Love westerns, too. :)

Unknown said...

Nice six! I do love a good Western romance.

christine warner said...

Awww...very tender and sweet :)

Silver James said...

Great characterizations here, Linda! I get the feeling he's as conflicted as she is.

Cherie Marks said...

He can have it his way...for a little while. Great six.

Ursula Grey said...

Sweet and sexy six:-) Very nice!

Kate said...

Interesting. I'm looking forward to reading more about these two. Good six!

Joya said...

Great scene, Linda. I love the heroine's attitude and their romantic dialogue. It's obvious they are meant to be together. :)

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com