Sunday, August 5, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday, August 5



Glad to be back--I missed Six Sentence Sunday last week due to vacation. This is another tidbit from my Playa Del Carmen-set WIP, which I retooled and am now happier with. It's a conversation between my workaholic hero Andrew and his best friend Ben:

"Why can't you be a normal human being?" Ben asked, shaking his head. "You know, work eight or nine hours, hit the bar on the way home, go out with a girl once in a while?"
"I go out with girls," Andrew said.
"You meet pretty girls and bang them. That's not the same as going out with them."
"Jesus, what are you now, my mom?"

You can check out more great Six Sunday-ness here.

12 comments:

Lexi Ryan said...

Love it! Guy banter is pretty much my favorite thing. :)

Joanne Stewart said...

I love this conversation. They sound like the old friends they are. Fabulous six.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Terrific dialogue. Love guys ragging on each other about their love lives!

Kate Warren said...

Love it!

Paula Martin said...

Excellent male banter!

K.E. Saxon, Author said...

FUNNY!! I love "guy" dialogue. Great six!

Teresa Cypher said...

lol... "Jesus, what are you now, my mom?" Great dialogue! Nice six :-)

Samantha Paige said...

Great dialogue!

Calisa Rhose said...

Haha. nice six.

Sandra Sookoo said...

lol what's normal? Nice six!

Jess Schira said...

Hmm, I wonder exactly why Ben's so concerned about Andrew's love life? Nice six Linda, and welcome back.

Sarah Ballance said...

This conversation is so absolutely authentic I can practically hear them. That's fabulous!

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com