Sunday, May 20, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday, May 20th



Another tidbit from my contemporary, By Hook or By Crook. Joe and Ivy wagered on a game of pool. When she won, she got to claim her prize: dancing together to the old Aaron Neville tune,  "Tell It Like It Is." In this scene, they're on the dance floor of a tiny bar and the sexual tension is rising.


"You should tell it like it is, Ivy." She could barely hear his hoarse voice over the music, but she understood him loud and clear. "Do you want me?"
His honest question demanded an honest answer. She swallowed and decided to be braver than she felt. "You know that I do," she returned, unable to look away.


For other Six Sentence Sunday selections, go here.
And if you want to hear Aaron Neville's swooningly romantic "Tell It Like It Is," go here.

13 comments:

Mackenzie Crowne said...

Love that song, Linda. Sweet six!

Sarah Ballance said...

I love how she can't look away! It just intensifies the whole six. Fab job!

christine warner said...

Love how their conversation goes with the music in the background...hope you follow up with where you left off...would love to know what's going to happen next!

Calisa Rhose said...

Uh-huh. Honesty will get ya into trouble, Linda! Nice six.

Jerrie Alexander said...

Great six!

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Those first few seconds of revealing your true feelings--where you're both terrified and relieved at the same time. Nicely done!

Joanne Stewart said...

ohhh, I can feel the tension between them. Great six!

Anonymous said...

That was a great turning point for her Linda. I remember really enjoying that scene :) So sexy!

Donna Cummings said...

Very nice and sexy. I like that she's trying to be braver than she felt. :)

Jess Schira said...

This is an excellent example of how a character grows during the course of a story. Well done!

Wildcats Wife said...

This little snippet caused me to blush. I loved the innocence, the romance in your six!

Silver James said...

I'm late on my 6SS rounds -- was off-line yesterday. :( I love the developing dynamic between these two. Great six.

Linda Morris said...

Thanks for the comments, everybody. I love sharing snippets and reading all the comments faithfully every week. Let's play again next Sunday!

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com