Sunday, March 11, 2012

Unofficial Six Sentence Sunday

I couldn't get my act together in time to register for Six Sentence Sunday, so here's my unofficial contribution. Next week, I'll get it together, I promise! And since this is unofficial anyway, I'm gonna cheat and post more than six sentences. (Shhh, don't tell anyone.)
This one is from By Hook or By Crook, my comic contemporary romance. I'm trying to sell this one now and one ed has requested the full MS, so wish me luck! The tidbit doesn't take much setup, just a little arguing between Ivy and Joe (H/H) early on in the book when she's caught him ogling a woman:

"I find it very predictable that the only part of her you seemed to find interesting were the two bags of silicone implanted in her chest."
That brought him up short, but only for a moment. "Really? You think they were fake?"
Ivy snorted. "Of course they were fake! Real breasts don't point due north, you know."
"Interesting. Still, breasts are breasts. I like 'em all, even if they are of dubious origin."

6 comments:

Paula Martin said...

LOL, love this discussion!

Joanne Stewart said...

Ha! I love this! Very intriguing snippet into their relationship.

Liz Fielding said...

Hilarious! Love it!

Sarah Ballance said...

Best. First. Line of Dialogue. Ever. I literally laughed out loud at this exchange!

Linda Morris said...

Thanks for all the comments! I love it when people LOL at my posts. (Well, when I mean them to be funny, of course. )

Unknown said...

LOL - due north! (ahem, mine point...no, I'm not going to tell you). That is just so funny...dubious origin indeed. I did an unofficial six sunday too (but shhhhh....I won't tell if you don't)

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com