Monday, November 1, 2010

Undiscovered Gems: Romance Writers Who Aren't Famous

I can't help it. I'm not a big fan of most writers who tend to be commercial behemoths. (You know who you are, Big Celebrity Writers. Everybody knows who you are.) I always tend to seek out less well known writers. But I've been reading this genre for more than 20 years now (did I mention I started reading romance at the age of two? I was very precocious), and I don't suppose I'll ever change now.
A couple of my all-time favorites are Majorie Farrell and Elizabeth Delancey, both historical novelists. (Farrell primarily wrote Regencies, although she also wrote at least one non-Regency, a western.) They're both long out of print, but if you happen to be in a USB and see one of their books, check them out. You won't be disappointed.
Lisa Cach is another favorite, of more recent origin. I admire her for her genre-jumping ways--everything from historicals to contemporary to paranormal and probably some other genres no one has thought of yet. I take inspiration from her since I can't seem to settle on one particular subgenre.
So who else is out there? What unknown, undiscovered gems out there do you admire?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com