Sunday, April 17, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday, Apr 17


Ok, so sue me, I snuck in a seventh sentence today. Consider it a bonus! This is another bit from my WIP, By Hook or By Crook, which is sort of a crime caper. Joe and Ivy have just placed a wager a game of pool. Joe demands his forfeit--a kiss from Ivy if she loses:


"You seem to be pretty confident that you'll win," Ivy said.
"Hell, yeah. I know it."
"Then you shouldn't have to worry," she said.
He shoved his chair back and rose, extending one hand. "Chalk your cue and put on some more of that lip gloss, woman."
"Lip gloss?" Ivy asked.
"I want to find out if it tastes as good as it looks."


Check out other Six Sentence Sunday snippets here: http://www.sixsunday.blogspot.com/.

17 comments:

Cate Masters said...

So glad you included the seventh line! It's definitely a bonus. :)

Anonymous said...

Seems he is as interested in the lip gloss flavor as the woman! Great snippet.

Sandra Sookoo said...

lol great last line!

Sarah Grimm said...

Yup, the 7th sentence was a necessity. Great 7!

Joanne Stewart said...

Hehe, cute six and yup, I agree, your 7th line was a definitely bonus. great last line. Great six!

Jayel Kaye said...

Full of himself, isn't he? Just give him the lipgloss and walk away!

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

I enjoyed the snippet!

Susanna Fraser said...

Fun snippet--I like both characters' confidence. (Though I agree with Jayel it'd be hilarious if she just hands him the lip gloss.)

Unknown said...

*chuckle* Love his confidence! Wonder if he will love the taste? Guess I will have to wait and see if you post more of this next Sunday! *hint* hint*

Cara Bristol said...

It can be a challenge to pick six. There always seems to be one line before or after the six that needs to be included!

Lindsay said...

That seventh line was the clincher. He's so cock sure of himself. Love it. Hope she sinks the eight ball in his pocket. Oops, corner pocket

Hailey Edwards said...

You gotta love a confident man. Great six!

J said...

Oh, yeah...guess he's feeling just as confident! I get the feeling he'll be sampling that lip gloss soon enough. :)

Linda Morris said...

Thanks for the comments, guys! Another great Six Sent. Sunday from everybody. See you next week.

Monica Enderle Pierce said...

LOL! Great sparks between them!

Unknown said...

And this is why flavored lip gloss was invented. :P

~ Renee

AllureVanSanz said...

Cute last line!

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the read.

All my best,
Allure Van Sanz

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com