Sunday, February 6, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday, Feb. 6th


Last week, I posted the first six sentences of my forthcoming romantic suspense, Forget-Me-Not. (See previous post.) This week, Lara has discovered the source of the mysterious sound. An SUV has wrecked on the washed-out road to her remote cabin. An an injured stranger is behind the wheel: 

Covered in blood, hurt, and obviously disoriented, he still exuded menace. Lara thought of an injured wild animal, whose pain and confusion made it deadlier than ever. She would have to proceed with caution. Had he followed her here from Chicago? Maybe he was a reporter trying to track down a "Where are they now?" story. He looked too dangerous to be a reporter, but anything was possible.

Forget-Me-Not, to be released on Feb. 18th.


Check out the other Six Sentence Sunday participants here: http://sixsunday.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Ann Mayburn said...

Ohhh, a yummy man of mystery! Love it. :)

Claire Robyns said...

Great imagery of wild, hurt beast. The 'where are they now' intrigues me about her backstory

Sarah Grimm said...

Love your six! I'm going to have to check out Forget-Me-Not

Edie Ramer said...

I like this a lot. You show so much about the characters in this snippet.

Lisa Fox said...

This is an awesome six! What a great description!

Unknown said...

Great six. I want to know who he is!

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Ohh I like the mysterious hurt stranger! Can't wait to see what happens next!

Sandra Sookoo said...

ooh, intriguing!

Trish said...

yumm. . .a menacing, mysterious stranger. You got my attention!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Way to set the stage and make us want to read on!

Jayel Kaye said...

I like the comparison of a wounded animal

Unknown said...

Forthcoming? I'll have to keep track when it's released. This is one to add to my TBR list.

Alanna Coca said...

Ohh wow. I'm intrigued

Linda Morris said...

I'm so glad you all seem to be enjoying it. It's coming out the 18th of Feb (just a couple of short weeks!), so I'll be doing excerpts from it for at least two more Sundays.

Anonymous said...

I did see previous post and both are excellent! Looking forward to more from this!

Casi said...

He's not a reporter and if she doesn't want to be in danger she should run away screaming. On the other hand, then you wouldn't have a story. I like the imagery you used.

D Carney said...

He sounds very mysterious in a very sexy way. ;)

LaurelCKriegler said...

Some great imagery - the wild animal association is great.

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com