Sunday, February 13, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday, Feb 13



Here's the next in a continuing series of posts from Forget-Me-Not, my romantic suspense that releases Feb. 18th. Jacob comes to, disoriented after a car accident:


In the small bathroom, he peered at his face in the mirror, barely illuminated in the moonlight. He had a nasty gash over one eye, and a swollen jaw. He splashed water on his hair and face; scrubbing away the dried,  encrusted blood as well as he could, ignoring the pain. He dried himself on a towel. The battered, bruised face he saw reflected was utterly unfamiliar to him. With a start, he realized he couldn't remember his own name.

Check out snippets from other authors at http://www.sixsunday.blogspot.com/.

14 comments:

JoAnne Kenrick said...

oh no, he has lost his memory! Don't stop there...why, what, when??!!! Hope you'll share more of this scene next week :)

Sarah Grimm said...

Yikes! I can't imagine not remembering my own name. How terrifying.

Lisa Fox said...

Oh no! I must know what happens next! I can;t wait for next week!!

Jayel Kaye said...

Wow. This is terrific. Dres me right in

Lex Valentine said...

Eeek! Amnesia! Poor Jacob!

Marie Dees said...

Oh, poor guy!

Jessica said...

Ack! Need more!

Chrystalla Thoma said...

Wow, the last sentence caught me by surprise... What can I say, I love amnesic characters - I want to read more!

Anonymous said...

Startling ending there. He's cleaning up from some sort of fight, and can't remember his name? Sounds like the start to a great thriller.

Taryn Kincaid said...

An amnesia story! Best of luck with the release!

Jessica E. Subject said...

A great scene to grab my interest. I can't wait to read more. :)

Pip Green said...

That must have been one hell of a shock.

Linda Morris said...

Thanks everybody! Be sure to come back next week for another snippet. By then, Forget-Me-Not will be out in ebook! (It'a already out in print.)

Unknown said...

Fantastic! I'm hooked! WTG!

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com