Friday, September 3, 2010

Update on the Huguette Clark story

I blogged a couple of weeks ago about the Clark family, who I researched for a little background detail on my upcoming Rosette, Montana Belle. (The characters and story aren't really based on the Clarks--I just used some aspects of their story for background and period detail.) A couple of updates: I've now sold Montana Belle (yah!) and, more interestingly, the media attention on Huguette Clark's reclusive nature and vast fortune has sparked New York officials to launch an investigation into her welfare. She's 104 years old, and her family fears that the managers responsible for handling her money may be taking advantage of her infirmity. Anyway, here's the update:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38994757/ns/business-clark/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

What a sad yet interesting story. The poor woman, one can only guess what she's really going through, she maybe happy, but if she is in need of saving, I hope her family suceeds.
Donna L. Bolk

Maeve Greyson said...

Those guys sound like a couple of crooks! How terrible. I hope her story has a happy ending. It's a shame for her to have lived to such a golden age only to be abused.

Jannine Gallant said...

Sounds like a movie or a great book - scheming lawyers, relatives circling like vultures. Now we need a hero to save the day! I bet Huguette has a few tales to tell...

Susan Macatee said...

Interesting story and big congrats on your sale!!

Caroline Clemmons said...

Congratulations on your sale! The Clark story is intriguing and I am so glad for the period information. As well, I hope Hugette is not being abused. Remarkable to live to 104. A lady in our church is 102 and she tells great stories and still lives alone and attends church. Thank goodness she gave up driving four years ago!

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com